Personalized service and solutions for your legal needs.
Our Divorce And Family Law Practice
In most family law matters, it is better for your family when you help create the solution and the outcome of your case. By reaching an agreement together, the parties are happier with the outcome. That is why we at Stahl & Hidir P.C. try to find a resolution before resorting to trial.
If a solution cannot be reached, however, we will go to court and fight hard on your behalf. We are experienced litigators in Georgia who will protect your rights. Let’s discuss your family law needs and see how our lawyers may be able to help your family.
Please call or contact us online today.
- Divorce and related matters — A combination of complex financial, emotional and legal issues which may include spousal support, child support, division of property and debt, retirement benefits/savings and child custody.
- Spousal support (alimony) — Georgia does not have statutory guidelines for determining an exact amount of spousal support; it is generally based on the financial needs and abilities of each party. We can help you argue for fair support, if appropriate.
- Child custody and visitation — Together, we can help design parenting plans and find a solution to legal and physical custody, as well as time shared with the children by the custodial and noncustodial parent.
- Child support issues — The state has statutory guidelines for calculating child support. Some factors include the parenting time of each parent, the income of each parent and any special needs the children may have.
- Modification — You can request post-judgment modifications to spousal support orders, child support orders, visitation agreements and custody agreements. You must be able to prove a change in circumstances that justifies the modification.
Contempt issues — We can help you enforce parenting plans, spousal or child support orders, and other court orders. If a party does not comply with these orders, we can file contempt charges.
- Adoption/stepparent adoptions — We represent families in stepparent adoptions and third-party relative adoptions.
- Paternity/legitimation — We represent fathers and mothers seeking to prove or disprove paternity. Establishing paternity gives a child access to child support and gives the father rights to visitation or custody.
Contact Stahl & Hidir For A Consultation
Please call our office in Cartersville at to schedule an appointment with our attorneys.